How to receive Christ
You want to receive Jesus Christ as Lord?
Step 1. Realize you are a sinner.
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” Romans 3:10
“… for there is no difference. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
Step 2. Realize you will face JUDGEMENT because of your sins.
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this THE JUDGEMENT:” Hebrews 9:27
“So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans 14:12
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12-15
Step 3. Realize you CAN NOT save yourself.
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; …” Isaiah 64:6
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, …” Titus 3:5
Step 4. Realize that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins.
“Who His own Self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, …” 1 Peter 2:24
“… Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,” Revelation 1:5
Step 5. Repent from your sins
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 “For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the Lord, …
and … He will abundantly pardon.” (Isaiah 55:7 (RSV)
Step 6. Make a strong decition and determination of your faith to follow Him no matter what
Mark 1: 17-18 – “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and
. followed Him. I John 2:17 – The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
Step 7. Simply receive Jesus Christ by faith as your Lord and personal Saviour
“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:” John 1:12
“…Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” Acts 16:30,31
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Salvation is trusting and receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. It’s trusting in the fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary to pay for your sins! It’s realizing there is absolutely nothing whatsoever you can do to save yourself and completely trusting in Jesus Christ to save you! It’s not any church that saves. It’s not good works, nor sacraments,
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God:
9 NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.Ephesians 2:8-9
Now isn’t that plain? NOT OF YOURSELVES. . . NOT OF WORKS. . .
IF YOU ARE READY TO RECEIVE CHRIST INTO YOUR HEART
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Rom. 10:9,10
You can Pray this prayer, and mean it with all your heart.
Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever, I repent of all my sins. I thank you for giving Your Only begotten Son Jesus Christ for dying and sheding His BLOOD for me at Calvary and paying for my sins. I come to you now, and I ask You Lord, to forgive me all my sins, just as You said in Your Word, and therefore I ask you to save me. Lord Jesus Christ, I now receive You into my life as my Lord and Saviour. Send Your Holy Spirit to help me to serve You for the rest of my life In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.
If you just prayed this prayer — according to the Word of God — YOU ARE SAVED! HALLELUJAH!
You say, but I don’t feel any different. Guess what? Your salvation does not depend on your feeling. It ALL depends on doing what God SAID!
God said if you receive and trust in Jesus Christ you are saved. Notice it does NOT say you “might” or “could” be saved — but “shall be saved”. YOU ARE SAVED!
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord SHALL BE SAVED. Romans 10:13
Didn’t you just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ? Look at what John 3:36 says! It says you HATH EVERLASTING LIFE! Not “maybe” or “hope so” — BUT HATH — YOU ARE SAVED!
He that believeth on the Son HATH EVERLASTING LIFE: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36
Friend, if you prayed the prayer and received Jesus Christ — YOU ARE SAVED!
You did what God said — AND GOD CANNOT LIE!
In hope of eternal life, which God, THAT CANNOT LIE, promised before the world began; Titus 1:2
What to do next?
1. Start reading the Bible. Read the gospel of John. Then read the New Testament. Then start in Genesis and read the whole Bible. And when you finish the whole Bible – start over again. Read your Bible everyday. Three chapters a day (about 10 minutes) will read it through in a year. “If you need free Bible, please contact us and we will love to send you a copy”
As newborn babies, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 1 Peter 2:2
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word
of God. Luke 4:4
2. Start a prayer life. You say, I don’t know how to pray. Just talk to God like you do anybody else. The Lord understands
you, He knows all about you anyway. Get a notebook and start a prayer list. Put down your friends and loved ones that
need to be saved. Pray for the president, the country. If you have needs, health, financial, marriage problems — ask God
to help you. Pray about EVERYTHING. Open the door of the day (morning) with prayer and lock the night with prayer.
You can not pray too much. In your day by day activities – pray. At work – pray. Driving in the car – pray. Wherever and whenever – pray. Decide that prayer is going to be your life-long friend.
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:17
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8
3. Tell somebody about Jesus. Go tell someone when you get through reading this that you just got saved. Tell your family. Tell your friends. Tell the world! Try to find someone everyday you can tell about Jesus.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation, to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” —Rom. i. 16.
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. Acts 5:42
4. Fellowship with other Christians. Find a local Bible-Belieiving and Spirit filled church. If you can’t find one, email us and we’ll try to locate one in your area. You need the fellowship of a local church. You need the leadership of a pastor. You need the teaching and preaching you can only get it in the local church.
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
This post is also available in: Dutch